Sunday, March 21, 2010

Google Map!

I've added a Google Map I'm building that will help chronicle the story of Annie's early childhood. Included thus far are her Birthplace Historical Marker, an estimate of where the cabin itself would have been, the location of what once was Darke County Infirmary, and finally, the properties in question, and the likely location of what would have been the house where Annie would have stayed.

I'm looking into making a trip out to Ohio spanning about a week this summer, approaching the owner of the home, asking to have a look around, and maybe sharing what I speculate about it. Hopefully by then, I'll have viewed the DCI Day Book, and will have more certain confirmation of who employed Annie, and can offer more than just speculation.

No comments:

Post a Comment