Thursday, April 1, 2010

Waiting/Thin Blue Flame.

I've got my own copy of Courtney Ryley Cooper's biography "Annie Oakley" -- that's the first printing in 1927, not the later "Annie Oakley: Woman At Arms". Having the original is important to me... As though it's more authentic somehow, and authenticity is imperative in this process... Only adds a couple more details, little substantially different, and I probably paid more than it was worth, but this is fuel in my fire... I get easily distracted, and so on something I'm determined to get done I must encourage my more obsessive tendencies... Besides, I have a special fondness for rarity, especially as it pertains to books.

I'm still waiting to hear word from my researcher by proxy, and whether he's arranged to see the materials.

I like to keep a consistent mood here... This site is meant for darkness, foreboding, Americana, mystery, magical realism... And so, I offer you Josh Ritter, "Thin Blue Flame":

No comments:

Post a Comment