Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Huzzah!

The Ohio Historical Society responded to a query, and I can buy the Darke County Infirmary Register of Inmates on microfilm for under $20! From this, I'll be able to tell who was staying at the Infirmary/Poor House during the time Annie was there, and maybe a little something as to why... Commentary like "idiotic" and "insane" are not uncommon, but sometimes there are some more interesting details...

Considering that I was considering making researching that data a centerpiece of my next research trip out there, this is something of a little coup for this novice researcher. I wish someone had the Day Book on film, though, too... That would be killer.

On a different note, I'm looking to include any number of things I find dark, haunting and wonderful in this blog, and so, I'll begin here with a movie I desperately want to see... This is "Brendan and The Secret of Kells", an independent traditional 2-D animation piece from Ireland that's running with the big dogs for Best Animated at this year's Oscars:




I'm really rather taken with this movie, so I'll probably post more clips later.

No comments:

Post a Comment